Podiatrist Questions Podiatrist

What's wrong with the bottom of my feet?

I am a 28 year old male. Sometimes after walking long distances, the bottom of my feet hurts intensely. What's wrong with the bottom of my feet?

16 Answers

There could be a few things that can cause this: plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, neuroma, tendonitis, ligament damage. please see a local podiatrist to get this look at.
Could be a muscle strain to the bottom of the feet, there area lot of muscles in the bottom of the foot and these can cause pain at the end of long walks. Try a massage ball on the bottom of your feet
It could be due to biomechanical issues or overuse, which are both easily treated, so you can continue to enjoy life without lower extremity pain.
There are many possible causes such as plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel, or neuropathy. You need to consult a podiatrist.

Kathleen Neuhoff, DPM 


If your pain is on the bottom after a long run or walk, it is likely plantar fasciitis. Try wearing Powerstep inserts and massaging your arch.
A complete medical history must be taken to consider all factors. Anything from improper shoe gear to plantar fasciitis to neurological or other issues. You really need to be evaluated by a podiatrist or other medical professional who is properly trained.
You may have strain of the muscles and plantar fascia ligament on the bottom of your foot. Usually exacerbated by flat foot or collapsed arches, improper shoe gear, and increased activity. See you nearest podiatrist
From the sound of your question, it could be plantar fasciitis. It is inflammation of a ligament on the bottom of your foot.


You may have plantar Fasciitis. Do a runners stretch three times a day and get Super feet orthotics for your shoes.

Dr. Lui
The most common cause of pain to the plantar aspect of the foot is a condition called plantar fasciitis. People that have a tight heel cord or calf muscles are susceptible to the condition. I recommend stretching exercises, RICE, anti-inflammatories, orthotics and injections. In recalcitrant cases physical therapy and immobilization is implemented. The last resort is surgery. I suggest you see a professional if your pain persists. Good luck to you and thank you for your question.
This is likely a biomechanical issue and should be evaluated by your podiatrist.
If it's along the inside of the arch, it may be plantar fasciitis. You may need better shoes or supportive inserts. I'd try that first, and if no better see you podiatrist
Hi, there may be many causes and some of the simplest may be improper shoe gear. May be best to have an evaluation by your local podiatrist.
Foot type, improper shoe gear, possible stress fracture or gene
The pain you are experiencing may be due to multiple causes. Depending on where on the bottom of the foot the pain is located will determine the the treatment. I recommend you see a foot and ankle specialist (podiatrist) to determine the appropriate diagnosis and implement the needed treatment plan
That is really a difficult question to answer without either examining you or having more detail about the location of your pain. There are 33 joints, 28 bones, and tons of muscles and tendons in the foot and that cross the ankle and enter the foot. There are nerves everywhere. There are numerous ligaments. You will need to be more specific, or you may need to see a Podiatrist in your area