Dr. Joe Starke is a surgical oncologist practicing in Columbia, MO. Dr. Starke specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Oral Roberts Univ Sch of Med, Tulsa Ok 1985
Oral Roberts University 1985
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Osf St Francis Med Ctr, General Surgery; Univ Sd Affil Hosp, General Surgery
- Osf St Francis Med Center
Dr. Joe David Starke M.D.'s Practice location
Columbia, MO 65201Get Direction
DECORAH, IA 52101Get Direction
Dr. Joe David Starke M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- Dr. Eric T Kimchi MD1 HOSPITAL DR COLUMBIA MO 65212
- Dr. Paul Stephen Dale MD115 Business Loop 70 W Columbia MO 65203
- Dr. Kevin F Staveley-ocarroll MDONE HOSPITAL DR COLUMBIA MO 65212
- Dr. Michael Bruce Nicholl M.D.115 Business Loop 70 W Columbia MO 65203
- Dr. Jussuf T Kaifi M.D.ONE HOSPITAL DR COLUMBIA MO 65212