Dr. Daniel Desta is an anesthesiologist practicing in Washington, DC. Dr. Desta ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Desta also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College 1992
Dr. Daniel Desta MD's Practice location
Washington, DC 20060Get Direction
Dr. Daniel Desta MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Gout: What are the Causes and Symptoms?
Gout is a type of arthritis, characterized by pain, stiffness, and inflammation of one of the joints. If not treated, gouty arthritis may result in recurrence of the inflammation affecting tendons, joints, and other tissues. Gout is more commonly seen in men than in women.Causes of GoutGout is a...
- Psychotherapy for Multiple Personality Disorder
Multiple personality disorder or currently known as dissociative identity disorder (DID) is a condition where an individual is characterized by two or more personalities. These personalities are distinct and are sometimes called alters. Alters might have different characteristics from the person...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR5550 Friendship Blvd. Chevy Chase Maryland 20815
- Dr. Monica L. Wallace MD10810 Connecticut Avenue Kensington MD 20895
- Dr. Martin J. Harssema M.D.509 N Pitt St Alexandria Virginia 22314
- Dr. Levi Pearson M.D.1055 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia Maryland 21044
- Dr. Kumudhini Hendrix MD3800 Reservoir Road Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20007
- Dr. David L. Chandler D.O.35 Memorial Drive Pinehurst North Carolina 28374