Dr. Elizabeth Messulam is a psychiatrist practicing in Augusta, GA. Dr. Messulam is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Messulam diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Messulam may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Messulam treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Univ Central Del Este (Uce)- Esc De Med- San Pedro De MacOris 1988
Universidad Central del Este (UCE) Facultad de Medicina 1988
- Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry; Med Coll Of Ga Hosp & Cli, Psychiatry; Maryland Gen Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- SCS/MSUCOM/WMU Homer Stryker MD School of Med Program
Dr. Elizabeth R Messulam MD's Practice location
Augusta, GA 30906Get Direction
Dr. Elizabeth R Messulam MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Post Partum Depression?
Mood swings are normal after giving birth. Your emotions could be so high then down the next minute. These changes in emotion is called post partum baby blues, which begins two to three days after giving birth and usually lasts for two weeks.On the other hand, some moms or new moms experience severe...
- What Is Latuda Used For?
Generic Name: LurasidoneBrand Name: LatudaWhat is Latuda?Latuda (lurasidone) is an antipsychotic medication that works by changing the effects of brain chemicals. This medication is used for the treatment of schizophrenia in individuals who are 13 years old and above, and bipolar depression in...
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- 10 Tips For Managing and Reducing Anxiety
Living with constant and excessive anxiety is not easy. Many people with anxiety struggle every day to find relief, but often fall short. This is because controlling anxiety is a long-term process and cannot be completed overnight. If you truly want to learn to manage your anxiety and regain control...
- What Is Trichotillomania: Causes and Symptoms
IntroductionTrichotillomania is also known as the hair-pulling disorder. It is categorized as a mental disorder, wherein there is an involvement of an irresistible as well as a recurrent urge to pull out the hair from the scalp, eyebrows, and other parts of the body with hair.The urge to pull one's...
- Dr. Denise R. Evans M.D.1 Freedom Way Augusta GA 30904
- Fazal M. Khan1 Freedom Way Augusta Georgia 30904
- Dr. Jeffrey L. Rausch MD4233 Pleasant Hill Rd Duluth GA 30096
- Dr. Olasimbo M Babatope MD2820 Hillcreek Drive Augusta GA 30909
- Dr. Dharmesh N Sheth MD4525 E Atherton St Long Beach CA 90815
- Mr. John Stuart Dirksen MD104 B Srp Dr Evans GA 30809