Dr. Koorosh Kooros, MD, AGAF
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology477 N El Camino Real C204 Encinitas CA, 92024
Dr. Koorosh Kooros is a Pediatric Gastroenterologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Kooros is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatric gastroenterologist, Dr. Kooros diagnoses and treats gastrointestinal diseases and disorders in children. Pediatric gastroenterologists typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Kooros can oversee and manage all areas related to gastrointestinal tract of his patients.
Education and Training
University of Pecs
Pecs University of Medical Science 1991
Pediatric Gastroenterology (Pediatrics)
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Advanced Endoscopy Rady Children's Hospital San Diego, UCSD 2017 - 2021
- Director, Pediatric Endoscopy University of Rochester Medical Center 2004 - 2010
- Medical Director, Pediatric Liver Transplant Program University of Rochester Medical Center 2005 - 2007
- Mom-Approved Doctor 2014 Dallas Child Magazine
- Strong Star 2010 University of Rochester Medical Center/Strong Memorial hospital
- Best Clinical Biochemist of the Year 1990 University Medical School of Pecs
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Tufts Medical Center - GME 2004
- St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center, New York, NY
- TUFTS University, Floating Hospital for Children, Boston, MA
Professional Society Memberships
- AGA, ASGA, NASPGHAN, AAP
- AAP, AGA, ASGA, NASPGHAN
What do you attribute your success to?
- Caring for my patients, treating them as if they were my own children
Areas of research
- Autism and GI disorders
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Soccer, biking, hiking
Favorite professional publications
- Gastroenterology, JPGN
Areas of research
Autism and GI disorders
Dr. Koorosh Kooros, MD, AGAF's Practice location
Encinitas, CA 92024Get Direction
SAN DIEGO, CA 92123Get Direction
Dr. Koorosh Kooros, MD, AGAF's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kooros
- Lyme Disease and Multiple Sclerosis: What Is the Link?
Multiple sclerosis and lyme disease have similar symptoms such as fatigue, dizziness, and numbness of the hands and legs. Although they share similar symptoms, these diseases are quite different in nature from each other. Lyme disease: what is it? Lyme disease is the result of a tick bite. The tick...
- Progression of Multiple Sclerosis Could Affect Sense of Smell
For individuals that live with multiple sclerosis, they know that managing the disease and trying to maintain some degree of health is a difficult task. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be far-reaching since it is a disease that affects the central nervous system, and this means that sometimes...
- What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
What is seborrheic dermatitis?Seborrheic dermatitis, or seborrhea, is a common skin disease that has no known direct cause. It is characterized by a red, itchy rash on the skin, often on the scalp, with scaly patches that flake off. It looks similar to eczema, psoriasis or an allergic reaction....
- What is a Sphincterotomy?
A fissure is the tearing of anal skin as a result of the overstretching of the anal opening by a big hard stool. Normally, sphincterotomy is related to constipation, chronic diarrhea (less often), inflammatory bowel disease or sexually transmitted infections that have anal and rectal effects. At...
- Overstimulation Makes Eye Contact Difficult for Those with Autism, Study Finds
It has been a common perception in recent years that when children with autism avoid eye contact out of indifference. People have said they are in their own world and need to be brought out of it.Children with ASD are very different from one another, in their struggles and levels of functioning. A...
- Lady Gaga Cancels European Tour Due to Fibromyalgia
One of music's biggest stars recently cancelled her European tour due to her unexplained illness. After being hospitalized, the decision to cancel Lady Gaga's Joanne World Tour seemed a prudent one. Lady Gaga took to her Instagram account to apologize to her fans and let them know that she suffers...
- Dr. Sharon Felber Taylor M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Xenia Blythe Hom M.D.3860 Calle Fortunada San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Lillian Jeong Choi M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Joel Edward Lavine M.D., PH.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Jeffrey Barnett Schwimmer M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123
- Dr. Sherry Chu-sing Huang M.D.8110 Birmingham Way San Diego CA 92123