Academic pediatric gastroenterology practice with special interest in inflammatory bowel diseases(IBD).
Education and Training
Dow Medical College
Karachi Medical and Dental College 1991
American Board of Internal Medicine - Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Stomach pain.
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for biliary dyskinesia in children provides durable symptom relief.
- Abdominal pain in cystic fibrosis.
- Adapting pediatric psychology interventions: lessons learned in treating families from the Middle East.
- Gastrointestinal infection as a trigger for inflammatory bowel disease.
- Thromboembolism in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease: the blood stops here.
- Imaging for inflammatory bowel disease: the new "sounding board".
- The clinical utility of health-related quality of life screening in a pediatric inflammatory bowel disease clinic.
- Imaging modalities in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease in Children and Adolescents.
- Hepatic Issues and Complications Associated With Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Clinical Report From the NASPGHAN Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Hepatology Committees.
- NASPGHAN Clinical Report on Postoperative Recurrence in Pediatric Crohn Disease.
- Improving health maintenance supervision in a paediatric IBD clinic.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine -
- Outstanding Service to APPNA Award, Alabama Chapter of APPNA
- Crohn's Disease
- Acid Reflux
- University of Chicago Program
- University of Chicago Children's Hospital (Pediatrics)
- The Floating Hospital for Children at New England Medical Center,Tufts University
Professional Society Memberships
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology, American Gastroenterological Association, Crohns and Colitis Foundation of America, Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America, American Academy of Pediatrics
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work and Being in the Right Place at the Right Time
Dr. Saeed was a part of community fund raising for earthquake victims in Pakistan in 2005, flood relief in 2010 and a fund raiser for the Crohns and Colitis Foundation of America.
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- International Relations, Politics
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Medical Center
Dr. Shehzad A. Saeed M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Shehzad A. Saeed M.D. | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Shehzad A. Saeed M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Saeed
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Everything About Oral Thrush
What is oral thrush? How does oral thrush develop? What are the risk factors of developing oral thrush? What are the signs and symptoms of oral thrush? Is there treatment for oral thrush? And if it is there, what is it? These are just but some of the questions you may be asking yourself and are yet...
- Low-Grade Fever and Teething
Introduction Your baby, who used to be so peaceful, has all of a sudden become fussy, cranky, chews on every single thing, and is drooling. He wants to be held, keeps you half the night awake, and wants to be nursed the whole day. This is the world of teething that the baby has entered in. Other...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids are able to imagine them...
- Medical Conditions That Are Associated with Lethargy
What are The Symptoms of Lethargy?Lethargy symptoms include:• Sluggishness• Being moody• Decreased level of alertness• Low energy levels• Fatigue and lack of motivation• Depression• Weight loss• Sweating and diarrheaMedical conditions such as premenstrual syndrome and medicinal side...
- Dr. Stephanie Audrey Binder M.D.550 North Hillside Street Wichita Kansas 67214
- Dr. Ebru Kadriye Gultekin M.D.602 S. Ft. Thomas Avenue Ft. Thomas Kentucky 41075
- Dr. Rasheed Ghani MD3515 Boudinot Avenue Cincinnati Ohio 45211-5725
- Dr. Joe Leanza MD7450 S Mason Montgomery Rd Mason OH 45040
- Dr. Oriaku A. Kas-Osoka M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Sheeba M. Ayli D.O.8250 Kenwood Crossing Way Cincinnati Ohio 45236