Lemon yogurt parfait
From Diabetic Living, this recipe uses a combination of yogurt and sour cream, to help keep this breakfast treat guilt-free.
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1/2 cup lemon low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup light dairy sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 cups assorted fruit
- In a medium saucepan combine milk and salt. Bring to boiling. Stir in couscous; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Cool.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, sour cream, honey, and lemon peel; stir into couscous mixture.
- To serve, spoon half of the fruit into 6 parfait glasses. Spoon couscous mixture over fruit; top with the remaining fruit.