Dermatologist Questions Dermatologist

Bruise-like spot on my chin?

I keep having a bruise-like spot show up on my chin but I am not hitting it or injuring it. It looks reddish/purplish in color and it feels a little like a carpet burn. I have had it show up 4 times in the past month. What is it? What causes it? What should I do about it?

Female | 33 years old
Complaint duration: 1 month
Medications: Yaz; Allegra

1 Answer

Looks like blood vessels in the area are becoming dilated (enlarged) which can account for the bruise-like appearance. Sometimes a cyst underneath the skin can cause this to occur. Best to get checked out by a local dermatologist who can use a magnifying lens to see more detail.