Chiropractor Questions Chiropractor

Can chiropractors help with heel spurs?

I have a heel spur and want to treat it. Can chiropractors help with heel spurs?

2 Answers

Chiropractors normally deal with back pain and alignment. I recommend you make an appointment with a foot and ankle surgeon (podiatrist) for diagnosis and treatment options
"Heel Spurs" is really the name of a pathology called 'Plantar Fasciitis.' There are posterior heel spurs that are called a 'Enthesis,' which is a completely different kind of problem than pain at the bottom of the heel. Chiropractors can do certain exercises and can use electrical stimulation or ultrasound modalities to try to treat heel spurs/ligament and tendon problems (which is really what they are). But you are better off seeing a well-trained Podiatrist to treat these problems. We are trained specifically for these types of pathologies.
Have a question aboutChiropractor?Ask a doctor now