Prosthodontist Questions Dental Surgery (Oral Surgery)

I don’t like the shape of my mouth. Can it be corrected?

My mouth shape is quite crooked. When I smile, my mouth is slanted to the right. Is there any way to correct the shape and structure of my mouth?

3 Answers

This is not an easy procedure. Your dentist most evaluate what is causing the problem. Sometimes orthodontics is indicated, by moving your teeth so they are placed in a proper arrangement. Other times surgery is the only solution.
It may be treatable. However, you must see a competent oral and maxillofacial surgeon first and then have a diagnosis made. Once it is, a treatment plan can be developed.
Have a question aboutDental Surgery (Oral Surgery)?Ask a doctor now
You have canted smile. You need to see a cosmetic dentist for evaluation of the cant. You will need also bite analysis to see if cosmetics will be fixed, how is that going to affect the function of your teeth.