Hand Surgeon Questions Hand Surgeon

Knob hand with knot?

My left hand has a knot under the skin of my pinky finger and part of my hand is knob I can't feel it. Is the knot causing the numbness or just damaged nerves?

Male | 49 years old

2 Answers

Hello. I am not certain what you mean by a "knot." However, nodules may be secondary to a Dupuytren's nodule. I would recommend you consult a hand surgeon. In terms of the nerve condition, nodules usually do not result in numbness. Again, a hand surgeon should be able to properly diagnose your condition. Good luck!
It’s hard to know. I definitely suggest a visit to a hand surgeon. Numbness and “knobs” should always be evaluated by a qualified professional.

Harrison B. Solomon, M.D.