Rheumatologist Questions Ankylosing Spondylitis

Anything I can do for ankylosing spondylitis?

My doctor said that the pain in my back was due to ankylosing spondylitis, but has only given me NSAIDs for treatment. I still have pain in my back. Do you think I can also benefit from physical therapy?

2 Answers

Hi, You may need treatment with medication to manage the underlying autoimmune disease, in addition to gaining better comntro; of the inflammation. A full work-up of the condition is warranted for sure. D. Lynch
I do think physical therapy is appropriate and very helpful for ankylosing spondylitis but this should be managed with a Rheumatologist.