Dermatologist Questions Acne

I have severe acne and it's only getting worse. Can you suggest some medication for it?

I have experiencing severe acne lately. I've been using OTC washes, like Clean and Clear and Neutrogena but both aren't really working for me. Can you recommend something else? Would I need to get a prescribed wash for my acne?

7 Answers

If your acne is that severe you need to see a dermatologist and get on an antibiotic or consider a course of Accutane.
Dermatologists are very good at treating severe acne. Accutane has been very safe and close to 100% effective
A wash is just the first step. Your dermatologist has many medications from topicals to oral medications to laser treatments. You need to see the dermatologist in order to evaluate your skin and prescribe the right medication for you.

Suzanne Sirota Rozenberg, DO, FAOCD
This is the time to consult a dermatologist.
I’m sorry you’re experiencing severe acne. Over-the-counter products can work for mild acne however for anything more involved, you should see a board certified dermatologist to receive prescription level treatments.
If you have not seen improvement with good OTC washes I would recommend seeing a dermatologist who can prescribe medications to help improve your acne and appearance..
Yes, you need to be evaluated by a dermatologist. You may need prescriptive medicine, topical, antibiotics, or other treatments available for severe acne.