Dentist Questions Endodontist

Who do I see for my root canal procedure?

I am a 28-year-old female who is scheduled for a root canal next Wednesday. What doctor will be performing it?

6 Answers

While any dentist may be licensed to perform a root canal procedure, dental specialists known as endodontists exist to exclusively do root canals. Root canals are known to be a difficult procedure for many general dentists, whereas an endodontist may have special equipment to complete the root canal procedure.
Typically an endodontist (root canal specialist) is the type of dentist you will see for a root canal.

Hope this is helpful,

Jossi Stokes, DDS
Hopefully, an Endodontist (Root Canal Specialist). Most have the equipment for all the procedures, not just the complicated ones. Your endodontist will usually have and should have a surgical microscope to enable them to see things better than with the naked eye or loops.
A general dentist can preform a root canal or an endodontist who is a dentist that specializes in doing root canals and other treatments involving the teeth.
A general dentist or an endodontist (root canal specialist) can perform a root canal. A general dentist, depending on his/her skill set, will do root canals and if no, they will refer you to an endodontist.
Any licensed dentist can do your root canal, but it is usually better to have it done by an endodontist, who is a root canal specialist.