Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) Questions foot pain

Why does the center of my foot hurt when I walk?

There's been a pain in the center of my feet for the past few months. It happens whenever I walk and I'm not sure where it stems from. I've tried wearing different shoes but that's not even working. What's the cause?

15 Answers

Plantar fascitis.
Could be arthritis or muscle strain of the foot. Both could be treated with anti-inflammatories. I would see a podiatrist for this and make sure nothing is broken, sometimes it can be a stress fracture to which would need treatment.
This could be a stress fracture, which may turn into a true fracture if left untreated.
It could be a condition know as plantar fasciitis or plantar fascia strain. Usually results from collapsing of the arch and/or wearing improper shoes with no or poor arch support
It is never normal to have your foot painful when walking but there aremany reasons why the center of you foot could hurt. These include plantar fasciitis, tarsal tunnel, tumors and many others. You need to have your feet checked by a podiatrist.
Kathleen Neuhoff, DPM
If you're talking about the center of your arch, probably plantar fasciitis. Get arch supports, new sneakers, ice and the most important, stretch your Achilles tendon, 10 times 3x a day. 
Hello, it depends where the pain is exactly. Is it the bottom in the arch? It could be plantar fasciitis. Is it the top of the middle of the foot? It could be arthritis.

Dr. Lui
It sounds like you may have a tendonitis. You need to be seen ASAP. In the interim wear supportive shoe gear and apply ice to the area to reduce the pain.
Could be plantar fasciitis, metatarsalgia, or a neuroma. See a podiatrist for an evaluation.
It sounds like a tight plantar fascia and the start of plantar fasciitis. I recommend stretching exercises for plantar fasciitis as well as arch supports for your daily shoes. Also, avoid barefoot walking
There are many problems that can cause pain in the center your foot. I would recommend seeking treatment from a foot specialist to take x-rays and determine the cause and then the best treatment for it.
If it's in the balls of the feet, it may be due to inflammation around the joints. If it's in the arch and heels, it may be plantar fasciitis, inflammation of the long ligaments on the bottom of the feet. Either way, see your doc to treat this properly
It is very difficult to know where you mean by 'the center of my feet' without a physical examination. If you mean your arch, you could have plantar fasciitis or tendonitis. If you're talking about the ball of your foot, you could have a neuroma or a stress fracture. There are a multitude of possible diagnoses. You should seek the assistance of a well-trained Podiatrist. Orthotics may help your problem, but they must be made appropriately to treat the particular problem you have. The over-the-counter orthotics/arch supports are usually not very good, and are often a rip off (like the good feet store or foot solutions, where the people helping you are laymen, and not medical professionals. These types of stores charge you several hundred dollars for their devices that you can usually find on line for $25-$50. They tell you that the devises are 'custom made,' but they are off-the-shelf pre-fabricated devices that do not help very much
Could be fasciitis, bursitis, tendonitis, or a pinched nerve. Could be a stress fracture. I would have it evaluated.
Pain in the feet is usually due to the foot overworking. I recommend you be evaluated by a foot and ankle surgeon (podiatrist) to determine the cause and the proper treatment