Nelson Lee Novick, M.D. is a Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, NY and an Attending Physician, and a former OPD Clinic Chief within the department of dermatology of the Medical Center. He has appeared on all the major television networks with personalities, such as Oprah Winfrey and Paula Zahn on a host of consumer affairs issues, and is the author and editor of numerous medical textbooks and chapters. Dr. Novick has also authored a dozen books for the general public, including Saving Face, SuperSkin and You Can Look Younger At Any Age. Dr. Novick specializes in the treatment of acne scars and the non-surgical rejuvenation of the face, neck, chest and hands. He is the developer of The Ten Minute Eyelift.
Education and Training
Mt Sinai Sch of Med of The City Univ of Ny, New York Ny 1975
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Unilateral, circumscribed, chronic dermatitis of the papillary-areolar complex: case report and review of the literature.
- The failure of immunotherapy with dinitrochlorobenzene and Rhus extract for recurrent conjunctival squamous papillomas.
- Advances in the biology and carcinogenesis of basal cell carcinoma.
- Mucous membrane manifestations of the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.
- Cancer pain control with a combination of methadone, amitriptyline, and non-narcotic analgesic therapy: a case series analysis.
- Erythema dyschromicum perstans.
- Tick infestation simulating a traumatized, papillomatous nevus.
- Suppurative keloidosis in a black woman.
- Erythema dyschromicum perstans.
- Aspartame-induced granulomatous panniculitis.
- Angiokeratoma vulvae.
- Autoinoculation herpes of the hand in a child with recurrent herpes labialis.
- Bilateral nasal bone osteophytosis associated with short-term oral isotretinoin therapy for cystic acne vulgaris.
- Practical management of widespread, atypical keratosis pilaris.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Professor of Dermatology Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 2003 - Present
- Lifetime Achievement Award 5 Albert Nelson Marquis 2017
- Inductee Realself 100 & 500 3 HALL OF FAME 2019
- TOP DOCTORS Dermatology 2 New York Magazine 2020
- NYTOPDOCS 5 NYTOPDOCS 2017
- AMERICA'S BEST PHYSICIANS 5 National Consumer Advisory Board 2017
- Who's Who In America 1985-2020 0 Marquis Who's Who Publications
- Cosmetic Treatments, Cosmetic Skin Care, Hair Problems And More
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow of the American Society For Dermatologic Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians
- Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- Fellow of the Skin Cancer Foundation
- Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- NYU Langone Medical Center
- Internal Medicine, Mount Sinai Medical Center NY Dermatology NYU Skin & Cancer Unit Post-Graduate Preceptorship under Charles P. DeFeo, Jr., M.D.
- Expertise in Subcision, TCA CROSS, Professional Microneedling
- The Mount Sinai School of Medicine--Internal Medicine
- The NYU Skin & Cancer Unit-Dermatology
Professional Society Memberships
- FAAD, FACP, Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Fellow, Skin Cancer Foundation
Articles and Publications
- Published numerous articles in the medical literature and over 100 articles for the lay public in such magazines as Good Housekeeping, Lears.
What do you attribute your success to?
- Intense love of medicine, hard work and perseverance
Areas of research
- nonsurgical rejuvenation techniques
- cited above
- The American Cancer Society
Teaching and speaking
- Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Mount SinaiFormer OPD Clinic Chief, Dept of Dermatology, Mount SinaiAttending Physician, Mount Sinai Medical Center
Favorite Place to Vacation
Hobbies / Sports
- Writing Historical Novels. Published: In the Path of the Wolf.
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, Journal of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Aesthetic Medicine
Dr. Nelson Lee Novick, M.D.'s Practice location
New York, NY 10028Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Nelson Lee Novick, M.D. | Dermatologist | Procedural Dermatology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Nelson Lee Novick, M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Novick
- What are the Benefits of a Facial Serum?
We have heard of adding facial serum to our daily routine to make skin glowing and to keep aging at bay.What are face serums and what are their benefits? Facial serums are fast-absorbing liquids meant to provide nutrients deeper into the skin than normal creams and lotions. It is used either in...
- Don't Be a Flake: Tips for Dry Skin
What is dry skin?Dry skin is one of the most common skin problems, and can cause discomfort and embarrassment. Dry skin may look red and flaky and feel tight or painful. It can also cause intense itching, which can disrupt sleep. Often, dry skin is a symptom of some underlying medical issue that...
- Common Acne Myths
Severe acne can have a significant impact on one’s life, as well as with social relationships. It can affect a person’s self confidence and self-esteem, which can lead to depression in time. This is particularly true of teenagers and young adults.Acne can cause social phobia, fear of being...
- Is Skin Cancer Fatal?
Unlike what most people think, skin cancer, like most other cancers, is fatal. Skin cancer is the most common form of cancer in many countries, including the United States. More than 5 million skin cancer cases come up each year. Over 3 million of these cases are found in the United States. In fact,...
- A New Treatment for Dandruff
Getting to the root of dandruffComplete treatment of dandruff has been an elusive dream for many people. Over-the-counter shampoos and scalp treatments are the most common approach for controlling dandruff. “But these methods are beneficial for those who have mild forms of dandruff and not severe...
PurpuraPurpura refers to purple-colored spots that are usually seen on the skin, including mucous membranes and other organs. It is also called skin hemorrhages or blood spots.Purpura is usually recognized when there is pooling of blood under the skin due to ruptured small blood vessels. The size of...
- Dr. Jeannette Graf M.D.88 Bayview Avenue Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Fitzgeraldo Sanchez MD117 East 18th Street New York NY 10006
- Dr. Allen Nathan Sapadin MD370 Summit Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Sapna Rao Palep MD73 Spring Street New York NY 10012
- Dr. Fredric Haberman D.O.,75 N. Maple Ave Ridgewood NJ 07450
- Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.450 7th Ave New York NY 10123