Dr. Fitzgeraldo Sanchez is a dermatologist practicing in New York, NY. Dr. Sanchez specializes in skin care. Dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions. These conditions include skin cancer, surgical dermatology, acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and laser/cosmetics. Dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Sanchez diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient. He has been voted into the best dermatologists in NY and NYC by the prestigious Castle Connolly for the past several years.
Education and Training
Mayo Clinic Graduate School Fellowship 2006
Ackerman Academy of Dermatopat Fellowship 2008
Massachussetts General Hospita STUDENT RESEARCHER AT WELLMAN LABORATORIES - 2000
New York University - Derm Resident 2001
New York University Intern 2001
Boston University School of Medicine Goshen College B.S. 1995
Ponce School of Medicine M.D. 2001
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2005
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Dermatology Weil-Cornell Department of Dermatology 2016 - Present
- Presidential Citations2008American Academy of Dermatology
- Presidential Citation2009American Academy of Dermatology
- MLB - Sun Protection Screening2006American Academy of Dermatology
- Best Derm NY2017Castle Connolly
- Best Derm NYC2018Castle Connolly
- Ultherapy® – Uplifting Ultrasound!
- Clear + Brilliant®
- Chemical Peel Treatment
- Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Radiesse® Wrinkle Treatment
- Sclerotherapy Treatment
- Spider Vein Treatment
- Restylane®, Perlane®, and Juvederm®
- Acne Treatment
- BOTOX® Treatment Injections
- Dermatologist Mole Removal
- Dilated Capillary Treatment
- Professional Laser Hair Removal
- Sculptra® Treatment
- Fractional CO2 Laser Treatment
- Laser Tattoo Removal
- Bladeless Laser Mole Removal
- Juvéderm Voluma® Xc
- PRP Therapy - Hair Restoration
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Treatment
- American Society of Mohs Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Paul O'Leary Society - Mayo Clinic
- Ponce School of Medicine in Puerto Rico General Parctice
- Skin and Cancer Unit at New York University Dermatology
- New York University
- Mayo Clinic Graduate Medical School in Rochester, MN (Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology) Dermapathology
- SUNY Downstate Medical School in Brooklyn, NY (Ackerman Academy of Dermatopathology) Dermapathology
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- American Red Cross
- Culebra / PR
- PRPScar revisionlaserbotoxfillers
- New York University 2001
- Mayo Clinic Graduate SchoolAckerman Academy of Dermatopathology / SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of DermatologyAmerican Society of Mohs Surgery
What do you attribute your success to?
- Focus on patient first, I am here for the patients.
Areas of research
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Europe / Caribbean
Hobbies / Sports
- Race Car Driving Snow Sports
Favorite professional publications
- New York Presbyterian
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital / Weill Cornell Medical Center ( New York, NY )
Dr. Fitzgeraldo Sanchez, MD's Practice location
New York, NY 10006Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Fitzgeraldo Sanchez, MD | Dermatologist | Clinical & Laboratory Dermatological Immunology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Fitzgeraldo Sanchez, MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Common Acne Myths
Severe acne can have a significant impact on one’s life, as well as with social relationships. It can affect a person’s self confidence and self-esteem, which can lead to depression in time. This is particularly true of teenagers and young adults.Acne can cause social phobia, fear of being...
- What is Morgellons Disease?
Morgellons disease, or fiber disease, is a mysterious skin disorder characterized by strange crawling or biting feeling on or under the skin and the presence of fibers under the skin. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Morgellons disease is considered to be a...
- How can I get Healthy Skin?
It goes without saying that the skin needs an adequate amount of nutrients to keep it healthy. Experts are of the opinion that beauty of the skin comes out from what is applied outside and what is taken inside.For a healthy diet, including lots of vegetables and fruits in the diet is good for the...
- What Is Mupirocin: Uses, Dosage, Side Effects, and Interactions
Generic Name: Mupirocin TopicalBrand Name(s): Bactroban, Centany AT Kit or CentanyWhat is mupirocin?Mupirocin topical is an antibiotic used to prevent the growth of bacteria on the skin. This topical antibiotic is often used for the treatment of impetigo and other skin infections caused by Staph...
- What Causes Lupus?
Lupus is an autoimmune ailment. This means that instead of your body’s regular defense system attacking viruses and bacteria, it destroys healthy tissues. This causes swelling. Symptoms include extreme fatigue, hair loss, rashes, cognitive dysfunction, severe muscle and joint pain, ulcers in the...
- 5 Ways to Prevent Ingrown Hairs
It is important to realize that hair ingrowth is not a disease looking for a cure; rather, it is a condition that can be prevented if we dutifully stick to natural DIY remedies in the cozy comfort of our bedroom or boudoir. Perhaps the glaring exceptions would be vaginal or scrotal ingrowths that...
- Dr. Jeannette Graf M.D.88 Bayview Avenue Great Neck New York 11021
- John Kolyanl2607 Park Ave S New York NY 10016
- Dr. Allen Nathan Sapadin MD370 Summit Ave Hackensack NJ 07601
- Dr. Sapna Rao Palep MD95 Chambers street New York New York 10007
- Dr. Abraham R. Freilich M.D. PC813 Quentin Road Brooklyn New York 11223
- Dr. Fredric Haberman D.O.,50 Market Street Saddle Brook New Jersey 07663