Dr. Hisakazu Hoshi MD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Hisakazu Hoshi is a surgical oncologist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Hoshi specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
Education and Training
Shiga University, Otsu, Shiga, Japan MD
Shiga Medical College 1991
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Skin Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
Dr. Hisakazu Hoshi MD's Practice location
Dr. Hisakazu Hoshi MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hoshi
- Can Melatonin Keep Breast Cancer at Bay and Improve Treatment?
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among women. Today, this type of cancer generally has a good prognosis: around 80% of women have a survival rate of 10 years or longer. This is partially due to the chemotherapeutic agent known as tamoxifen. ...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- What Procedures Are Used to Treat Bladder Cancer?
There are various treatment options for bladder cancer. Each option has its own procedure on how it is carried out. The type of treatment is also chosen based on several factors such as:...
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
Like any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- Dr. Geeta Lal MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Ronald J Weigel MD PHD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nicholas Peter Rossi M.D.1834 Kathlin Dr Iowa City IA 52246
- Dr. Sonia L Sugg MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Peter Rudolph Jochimsen M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Carlos Hou fai Chan MD, PHD, FRCSC200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242