Dr. Ted Tsukayama is an internist practicing in Oakland, CA. Dr. Tsukayama specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Tsukayama provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of Hi John A Burns Sch of Med, Honolulu Hi 1982
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Kaiser Permanente Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Ted A. Tsukayama MD's Practice location
Oakland, CA 94611Get Direction
Dr. Ted A. Tsukayama MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tsukayama
- What Is DHEA: Health Benefits of DHEA
What is DHEA?DHEA or dehydroepiandrosterone is considered as a prohormone, which is often associated with longevity, body strength, and lean muscle mass in an individual. DHEA is naturally created in the body and has a vital role in various metabolic functions. It is also known as one of the most...
- Weighted Hula Hoops May Help to Burn More Calories
Workouts with hula hoops may help to burn as many calories as step aerobics, boot camp, or very brisk walking, according to a new study sponsored by the American Council on Exercise (ACE). In this study, 16 women between 16-years-old and 59-years-old were trained on a 30-minute aerobics session...
- How Can I Control Sleep Talking?
Talking during slumber without being aware of it is very common and is not considered a serious condition. For some people, it is just a series of mumbling, while for others it is in the form of complicated dialogues. It is commonly noted in small children and in males. In most cases, the individual...
- Tdap Vaccine for Whooping Cough
The Tdap vaccine protects the body from three diseases: tetanus, diphtheria, and whooping cough....
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
- Brown Fat is Great Fat
Brown fat is a health-friendly fat that helps the body to burn calories, instead of storing the energy as fat. Typically, adults do not have a lot of brown fat. A new study suggests that heart hormones may stimulate the production of brown fat cells. Researchers conducted a study on animals and...
- Dr. Claudine J.M. Aguilera M.D.581 Rosal Ave Oakland CA 94610
- Dr. Anita C. Gaind M.D.106 La Casa Via Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Maria Corazon David-Arrobio DDS25825 South Vermont Avenue Harbor City California 90710
- Dr. Matthew Campbell M.D.350 John Muir Parkway Brentwood California 94513
- Dr. Carolyn Petersen M.D.1001 Bridgeway Sausalito California 94965
- Dr. Ramnik Kaur Josan M.D.1820 Ogden Drive Burlingame CA 94010