An Accredited Member of the Australian Traditional Medicine Society, Julie Graduated with distinctions from S.A. College of Botanic Medicine and Natural Therapies Pty Ltd. Professional Qualifications include: Naturopathic Doctor, Herbal & Homoeopathic Practitioner: Diet and Nutritional Medicine: Remedial & Therapeutic... more
As you will see, there are some major vegetables listed below that have been found to have anti-cancer benefits.
Fresh, wholesome, organic and non-genetically modified will always be your best protection and medicine at either preventing or overcoming disease.
Together with healthy lifestyle changes, you can eliminate destructive habits and thought patterns.
So whether you just want to prevent cancer or you have been diagnosed and are determined to see a life changing experience, bring in healthy habits that will free you from this disease.
Let's start here with your anti-cancer juice recipe. Become well by changing the foods you eat, using foods as your medicine.
- 1 organic beetroot - Betalain pigments give beetroot its red color. This is a a powerful antioxidant that inhibits the growth and proliferation of tumors.
- 1 organic carrot - Carotenoids found in carrots and other orange vegetables show significant anti-cancer benefits.
- 1 organic celery stick - Aids in assisting purging of wastes and toxins from your body. Apigenin, a primary constituent of celery, has been found to reduce malignancies of the skin, prostate, breast and digestive tract.
- 1/2 a large or 1 small organic sweet potato - The polyphenol anti-oxidants caffeic acid and di- and tri-caffeoylquinic acids are the cancer-fighting properties found in sweet potatoes.
- 1 organic radish - Once again radishes have strong anti-oxidant properties that support healthy cells whilst assisting in detoxification.
- 1 cup of shredded organic kale - The constituents found in kale have been found to down-regulate hormone receptor expression, promote apoptosis, suppress cell cycle progression and inhibit angiogenesis of human breast cancer cells. Consumption of brassica vegetables has been shown to reduce the estrogen metabolite 16alpha-hydroxyestrone, which is a breast cancer promoter.
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger - Ginger, a cousin spice of super anti-cancer substance turmeric, is known for its ability to shrink tumors. Astoundingly, it is even more effective than many cancer drugs
- 1 tablespoon of grated turmeric - Turmeric's active ingredient is an extracted compound called curcumin. Studies have shown that curcumin helps prevent several forms of cancer including breast, lung, stomach, liver, and colon because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It stops the development of cancer by interfering with the cellular signalling aspects of the chronic disease.
One by one put your ingredients into a juicer, processing with the introduction of each vegetable. Pour the juice into a glass and sip slowly for a half an hour.
Drink twice daily morning and night, over the next 6 - 8 weeks, while incorporating herbal teas throughout the day such as Organic White, Green, Chamomile, and Peppermint teas.
The reason behind juicing these vegetables is that, being liquid, it is easily and more readily absorbed by the cells in your body, therefore requiring less energy in the digestive process.
This allows more energy to be available for fighting the cancer.
You can either use the fibrous remnants as compost or you can make an organic vegetable soup, just by adding some onion & garlic.
Make an appointment for the 8 week bracket to see your oncologist for an updated report.
What About Food?
You may be asking, am I going to need to be able to eat during this time? Of course, but for this treatment to be totally effective, abstain from eating any processed foods, takeaway, or packaged meals.
Daily Eating Plan over the next 6 - 8 Weeks
Breakfast: Start with anti-cancer juice
Then, either have a bowl of organic rolled oats (cooked) - porridge with a teaspoon of vanilla, sprinkle of cinnamon, and organic plain yogurt
Or a piece of gluten-free toast with cottage cheese and blueberries
Snack: Organic red apple with a handful of organic roasted almonds
Lunch: Protein (portion size should be the palm of your hand): Organic chicken or wild caught salmon, flake, sea perch, or swordfish. Dark greens including beet tops, baby spinach, sprouts, onion, grated carrot, capsicum, and cucumber
Snack: 1/2 cup of blueberries with 2 tablespoons of organic Greek yogurt
Dinner: Choice of protein and either a salad or 4 - 5 dry roasted vegetables such as sweet potato, pumpkin, parsnip, zucchini, and lightly steamed kale.
Before bed: Anti-cancer juice. For a little variety you can add a banana.
Your body is far more miraculous than we give it credit for.
Want to Overcome Negative Habits - "Why Can't I give Up Smoking"
The principles in this easy to read EBook will help to understand & eliminate any Habits that are detrimental to YOU.
Empowering You to Optimal Health: Julie Doherty N.D