Brand: K-Phos Tablets
Generic: Potassium Phosphate
You should read the product information leaflet before using this medication. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
This medication should be taken by mouth as instructed by your doctor. This medication should be taken by mouth as instructed by your doctor. Add one tablet to a glass with 6 to 8 ounces of water as directed.
Your dosage is based on your medical condition and the way you will respond to treatment. Take this drug regularly to experience the most benefits. You should also take this drug at the same time each day.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. Continue to use it as prescribed by your doctor or as stated on the package label.
K-Phos Tablets may interact with medications such as:
- High blood pressure drugs (ACE inhibitors such as lisinopril, ARBs such as valsartan)
- Potassium supplements/salt substitutes
- Vitamin products such as vitamin D or calcium
- Potassium-sparing diuretics such as amiloride, spironolactone or triamterene
There are no side effects known aside from a possible allergic reaction in people who have previous or unknown hypersensitivity to the drug.
Watch out for signs of allergic reactions such as:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have the following:
- Allergy to potassium
- Infection with kidney stones
- High phosphate or potassium levels
- Severe kidney disease
- Adrenal gland problems such as Addison's disease
- Bone problems such as osteomalacia or rickets
- Heart disease such as heart failure or irregular heartbeat
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Severe burns or wounds
- Pregnancy or lactation