5 Holistic Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition that has a wide variety of available treatments. Among them are oral medications, penile implants, use of vacuum pumps, and many more. In addition to the typically prescribed treatments, there are several natural ways that can help men deal with erectile dysfunction. Some of them include:
1. Herbal Remedies
There are quite a number of herbal remedies that may be recommended for treating ED. However, most of them show little to no improvement in treating the condition. There are two natural remedies that have proven to help relieve erectile dysfunction: pomegranate juice and red ginseng.
Pomegranate juice has antioxidants that help prevent atherosclerosis, while red ginseng improves the flow of blood. Red ginseng, also known as "herbal Viagra," improves the level of nitric oxide in the body, and in turn improves the blood flow to the penis.
This is another method that helps in treatment of ED. It is not yet a well-established practice, but research has shown that it works well for men whose ED is as a result of side effects of other medications. Acupuncture involves placement of small, thin needles at specific points on the body in order to relieve pain or stress, or perform certain functions.
L-arginine is an amino acid that occurs naturally within the body. It aids in the formation of nitric oxide, which helps blood vessels relax and improves blood flow. This amino acid can be taken orally to improve the nitric oxide levels in a man's system and enable him to have easier time becoming erect.
4. Watermelon and Watermelon Juice
Watermelons contain a certain amino acid known as Citrulline, which is found in high concentrations. This amino acid has been found to greatly improve blood flow to the penis, making it easier for men with ED to achieve an erection.
5. Other Natural Treatments
Aside from the above mentioned natural remedies, there are other natural remedies which can be used to handle erectile dysfunction cases. Some of them include:
- Taking zinc supplements- This is especially beneficial, especially for men who already have low zinc levels in their bodies.
- Exercising- Exercise helps to keep the body in shape and prevent risks of other health conditions that may cause erectile dysfunction.
- Eating a healthy diet- Ensure that meals have more vegetables, especially leafy greens, and less fat. High cholesterol intake leads to accumulation of fats within the body, causing atherosclerosis, and eventually, ED.
- Abstaining from illegal drugs, alcohol, and smoking- These substances cause adverse effects on the body and they can lead to development of many chronic conditions associated with erectile dysfunction. It is advised to stay away from them to avoid worsening erectile dysfunction.
The Bottom Line
Although there are a number of natural means to treat erectile dysfunction, it is important to note that they are not 100 percent effective. They may not even work at all for some people, but in others show significant improvements.
Always consult with your doctor before you use any natural treatments. The doctor will be able to advise if it is suitable for you, or if the treatment can be used in conjunction with other treatments to improve results.
There are a variety of holistic treatments available for erectile dysfunction patients that would prefer not to use typical medications.