Chiropractor Questions Chiropractor

What do chiropractors do for plantar fasciitis?

I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I want to see a chiropractor. What do chiropractors do for plantar fasciitis?

7 Answers

Not really sure.
Not sure what chiroprators far as in my office plantar fasciitis is treated by:
1. exam
2. xray to make sure no heel spur
3. non invasive approach is implemented like night splint, topical meds, stretching, orthotics, physcial therapy, etc.
4. invasive approach if needed: injections, minimal invasive procedure, EPAT. etc....

good luck, hope you find the help you need.
Hello and thanks for your question. In addition, thanks for permitting me to share my thoughts, tips, and suggestions around your question. Sorry to read about your condition.

I think many chiropractors offer strong clinical expertise and treatment when it comes to neck, mid-back, and lower back problems. They can help with the alignment of these areas of the body and work well to relieve pain within these areas. However, I am not sure I have read about or heard a chiropractor treating the condition you mention (plantar fasciitis: the painful inflammation along the course of the thick ligaments and connective tissues on the sole of the foot, from the base of the heel bone to the heads of the metatarsals). For this condition, I would recommend seeing and treating with either a podiatrist, rehab doctor, orthopedist, or physical therapist. Getting into and continuing a routine of stretching the tissues around the involved foot is an effective part of treatment. Some people suffer from this condition for 4-8 months.

I am not certain, but I do not think chiropractors treat plantar fasciitis. This condition resolves best with a combination of medication, physical therapy for stretching, a brace, and possibly an injection. Therefore, I would see an orthopaedic surgeon or a podiatrist.

Technically... nothing. Chiropractors are practitioners trained in the treatment of the spine such as spinal adjustments - manipulation and physiotherapy. I have worked closely with chiropractors for the past 30 years, nevertheless it is my opinion that extremities, whether upper or lower, is not something that they should be treating aside from physician prescribed physiotherapy.
Chiropractors will likely recommend an insert. I recommend you make an appointment with a foot and ankle surgeon (podiatrist) for diagnosis and treatment options
Chiropractors are not the correct specialty in medicine to treat Plantar Fasciitis. A Podiatrist is the only professional qualified to diagnose and treat your Plantar Fasciitis properly.