Psychologist Questions Psychiatrist

Where can I get diagnosed with bipolar disorder?

I am a 23 year old female. I want to know where can I get diagnosed with bipolar disorder?

6 Answers

If you are not in an emergency, get an appointment with a Board Certified psychiatrist.
I would recommend that you seek out help from a qualified mental health professional.
You can see a Psychologist, or Psychiatrist to do diagnostic evaluation
Any psychiatrist should be able to help you figure out if this is what you have. You need a careful and comprehensive psychiatric evaluation, both to help with diagnosis and to plan any treatment that is needed. Some hospitals have programs/clinics that specialize in bipolar disorder, so if you live near one of those, that is a good option.
A clinician that has a background in both biological psychiatry and psychology, would be the first type of individual that might be especially helpful. There are a lot of medical and psychological mimics, and a lot of lay information that is not totally accurate. So, I would strongly encourage you to go to a psychiatrist.

All my best,

Lance Steinberg, MD, Inc.
See this link for a good synopsis