Dr. Samuel W. Cox is a 3rd generation podiatric physician and foot and ankle surgeon who has been in private practice since 1992 and serving the Goodyear, Arizona area since 2007 with Arizona Foot & Ankle Specialists, LLC. Dr. Cox has a unique background in that he graduated medical school and did as well-rounded podiatry medical and surgical residency program, then started practice in the family practice in Atlanta, GA. He worked there for 11 years, when he decided to get more advanced training, so he moved to Arizona and completed a 3 year Podiatric Medical and Surgical advanced residency training program. He loves the area so much he stayed in the West Valley area and has built Arizona Foot & Ankle Specialists, LLC into a leading center for podiatric medical and surgical treatments of the foot, ankle, and lower leg. Dr. Cox is a double board-certified physician with the American Board of Foot & Ankle Surgery and the American Board of Podiatric Medicine. He is a member of the American Podiatric Medical Association, American Society of Podiatric Surgeons, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons, American Professional Wound Care Association, and the American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management.
Education and Training
Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine D.P.M. 1991
University of Georgia B.S. 1987
American Board of Podiatric Medicine
American Board of Podiatric Surgery
Foot Surgery (Podiatric Surgery)
- Heel Pain
- Ingrown Toenails
- Fungus Toenails
- Foot & Ankle Pain
- Arch Pain
- Pediatric Problems
- Flat Foot Disorders
- Ganglionic Cysts
- Soft Tissue Masses
- Sprain / Strains
- Foreign Bodies
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Toenail Problems
- Corn & Calluses
- Custom Molded Orthotics
- Diabetic / Orthopedic Shoes
- Forefoot, Rearfoot& Ankle Trauma
- Local Minor Wound Care
- Advanced Wound Care
- Traumatic Wounds / Decubitus Wounds
- Arterial / Venous Wounds
- Wound Vac Therapy
- Total Contact Cast Therapy
- External Fixator's / Frame's
- Limb Salvage
- Fellow, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Fellow, American Society of Podiatric Surgeons
- Fellow, American Professional Wound Care Association
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Podiatric Medicine
- Member, Minimally Invasive Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Member, Academy of Minimally Invasive Foot and Ankle Surgery
- James A. Haley Veteran's Hospital Podiatric Medicine 2005
Samuel W Cox DPM's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Samuel W Cox DPM | Podiatrist (Foot and Ankle Specialist) | Foot Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Samuel W Cox DPM's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cox
- Lisa b.
AWESOME!!!!! Dr. Cox is the best!.
- N. o.
- Vicki f.
Very pleasant, I like to bring my son here they treat you like part of the team.
- P. d.
good overll visit.
- J. f.
- Ingrown Toenail Removal and Treatment
What Is an Ingrown Toenail?Ingrown toenail is the layman’s term for the medical ailment called onychocryptosis or unguis incarnatus. This is a common and painful condition that usually occurs at the end or on the outer side of the big toe. However, any toenail can still become ingrown. They...
- What Is Sever's Disease: Causes and Treatment
Sever's disease is a type of heel injury that usually occurs in children who are physically active. Most children experience temporary pain without long-term damage. Sever's disease was first described in 1912 by an American doctor named James Warren Sever. The condition is also called calcaneal...
- What Is Neuropathy?
Disorders that arise due to peripheral nervous system damage are referred to as peripheral neuropathy or simply neuropathy. Peripheral nerves are the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to different parts of the body. These nerves innervate different organs of our body, including the skin,...
- What Causes My Ankles and Feet to Swell?
We often see the troublesome swelling in our ankles and feet, which affects our movements. Fortunately, this swelling is not very serious and you shouldn't worry about it if you are physically active. If swelling is associated with serious symptoms, it does require medical attention as it may be an...
- Being Diagnosed with Diabetes
The disease begins with a feeling of increased thirst, urination or unexplained weight changes. These symptoms should warrant a visit to the doctor so as to get your blood sugar tested. If the blood sugar level is more than 200 mg/dL, consider performing a sugar test. If you are unsure of the...
- All About Plantar Warts
How do plantar warts form?Verruca Plantaris is the technical name for plantar warts. What are they? Warts are small benign (non-cancerous) growths on the skin. They typically occur when the skin is infected by a virus. In this case, plantar warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). This...
- Dr. Mark Richard Gorman D.P.M.8608 N 59th Ave Glendale AZ 85302
- Dr. Hammad Mohammad Zafar DPM9250 N 3rd Street PHOENIX AZ 85020
- Dr. Arthur Norman Seidner DPM12611 N 103rd Ave Sun City AZ 85351
- Dr. Daniel L Bangart DPM13660 N 94th Dr Peoria AZ 85381
- John P Ferguson DPM755 E Mcdowell Rd Phoenix AZ 85006
- Dr. Spencer Luna nui Niemann D.P.M.325 E Baseline Rd. Phoenix AZ 85042