Holistic Treatment for Cholera
Cholera is an infection that is caused by a bacterium known as Vibrio cholerae. This is a bacterium that is capable of surviving for an extremely long time, even in unpleasant environments. As a result of this factor, the bacteria can spread cholera very fast.
Cholera has been a dangerous infection for a long time, claiming the lives of thousands of people all over the world every year. As a result of this, people have been struggling to find the best treatment options for the infection.
What Causes Cholera?
A vibrio cholerae bacterium is the main cause factor for Cholera. The bacterium is able to survive and multiply very fast within different environments. People get cholera once they get exposed to this type of bacteria. The bacteria get into the body and cause the infection.
Here are some of the areas where one can be exposed to cholera bacteria. Once you are exposed to these factors it takes a very short time before you get the infection. They include:
- Contaminated water: This is the main cause of cholera. Intake of contaminated water containing Vibrio bacteria leads to Cholera. In most cases, the water is contaminated by feces from an infected person.
- Eating of contaminated foods: In areas where there is congestion and a possible outbreak of cholera, foods become a factor in spreading the infection. These are foods mostly vended on the streets. They are sold in open air where they are exposed to bacteria.
- Feces of an infected person: It is also among the greatest causes of cholera. In areas with poor sanitation facilities, this continues to be a big factor. Adults and children easily come into contact with feces from infected persons. These feces carry the Vibrio bacteria that easily get into the body.
- Exposure to fluids from infected people: The Vibrio cholerae multiplies very fast in a person. As a result of this, a person suffering from cholera can carry many strains of the bacteria in the body. Once you come into contact with their fluids, you can easily acquire the infection.
- Poor washing of vegetables or fruits: Vegetables or fruits growing around sewage and other dirty areas can be exposed to such bacteria. Poor washing of such foods before eating or cooking can cause entry of the bacteria into the body.
- Poorly cooked animals: Vibrio cholerae is known to exist in many ocean and sea creatures, and as a result of this, such animals can easily transfer the bacteria to human beings. If a person fails to cook products properly, such bacteria can be transmitted to the body.
What Are Holistic Treatments?
Holistic treatments refer to treatment measures which can be used to easily treat infections. Such treatment methods are safe and easily applied. The treatment methods also lack or have minimal number of side effects. They are methods that are easily applicable for a normal person. In most cases, using holistic treatments does not require a doctor.
Holistic Treatments for Cholera
Some of the best holistic treatment methods include:
1. Probiotic Yogurt
Probiotic yogurt is substance that contains healthy bacteria. These are type of bacteria that work by enabling easy and hence fast digestion. This is an important mechanism in the body since cholera weakens the body and causes dehydration. Better digestion helps strengthen the body.
Probiotic yogurt also helps improve the immune system. As a result of this, it helps defeat the Cholera bacteria. To benefit from probiotic yogurt, consume 2 to 3 cups made of pure probiotic yogurt daily. As you continue consuming the yogurt on a regular basis, it leads to a permanent relief. In addition to this, you can add some bananas for flavor and since they improve digestion as well.
2. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are one of the best options for dealing with cholera and some of the symptoms caused by the infection. These seeds are known to contain a high mucilage content that is necessary in correcting your stool. Fenugreek seeds help in reducing diarrhea, hence relieving cholera.
To prepare the right proportions, mix a teaspoon fenugreek seed powder, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and small amount of powder made from roasted cumin seeds. Then make sure you take this portion 2 to 3 times in a day for efficient effects.
Lemons are easily accessible and simple to use. Lemon is also known to contain antibacterial factors that help in treating cholera. The antibacterial factor in lemon helps destroy the cholera bacteria within the intestines and the digestive system. Lemon also contains vitamin C which helps in boosting the immune system.
To obtain what is required in a lemon, extract its juice before mixing it with a 1 glass of water. You can go on to add salt and honey, then stir well. Consuming a portion like this on regular basis will help relieve the symptoms of cholera.
4. Zinc Supplements
Zinc supplements are known to contain very effective content that is effective in reducing the effects of symptoms cause by cholera. Zinc supplements greatly reduce the cholera duration in children. They are also known to contain over 200 human enzymes that strengthen the immune system.
Ginger also acts as a natural antibiotic factor that helps in treating and curing cholera. It is also easily accessible. The remedy is also known to cure and relieve other side effects such as stomachache, diarrhea and abdominal pains.
To prepare a good and appropriate mixture of this, mix a small piece of ginger with one teaspoon full of honey. Mix the two slowly ensure even distributions of both.
6. Homemade ORS
Homemade ORS also refers to homemade oral re-hydration solution. Since the body loses high amounts of fluids as a result of vomiting and diarrhea, re-hydration is necessary.
To prepare ORS, put 6 flat spoons of sugar into a liter of water, and then add a spoon of salt. Mix the content. Drink this as many times as possible.
7. Drink Enough Water
Intake of enough water is necessary for individuals suffering from cholera. However, this is more preferable for early stages of cholera. Drinking of water helps to replace fluids lost as a result of diarrhea and vomiting. It also corrects complications such as dry skin.
Cloves are known to contain compounds known as eugenol. As a whole, cloves are important in relieving abdominal complications experienced by cholera patients. This is achieved by invading and destroying cholera bacteria in the intestines.
You are required to take in 10 to 15 clove buds mixed in 5 to 6 cups of plain water. Then boil the water until it decreases by half. Ingest the solution once it has cooled down.
The Bottom Line
Holistic treatments mostly work quickly and efficiently. However, there are those that function slowly and require patience before they become effective. Precautions should also be taken when one is using holistic treatments. Seek a doctor’s guidelines before you use the remedies to effects caused by factors such as overuse.
Cholera is a disease that is highly infectious. As a result of this, any case detected should be taken seriously and treatment administered as soon as possible. You should also learn about prevention measures for Cholera to prevent further infection. It is advisable to visit a doctor is case the treatment methods seem to be ineffective.