It is not enough that we eat all proteins; one must understand and have the right kind of proteins in the correct amounts to obtain proper health benefits. Women between the ages of 19-years-old and 70-years-old require an average of 46 grams of protein per day, while men of the same age group need about 56 grams per day. If you are looking at loosing those extra pounds from the body, foods high in protein are a viable option.
Watch this video to learn how to make white bean dip, an excellent source of protein.
Here is a list of protein sources that provide numerous health benefits:
- Seafood – Seafood is abundant in proteins and has low fat content. Although salmon has higher protein content, it is a good protein source from the sea. Moreover, they are also a good source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Milk and milk products – Milk and many of its products, including cheese and yogurt, are rich in proteins and also provide a good amount of calcium for building strong bones. Opt for vitamin D fortified products to get additional benefits. If you are looking at weight loss, you can go for low fat dairy products.
- Poultry – White meat from the poultry is excellent as a protein source with less of fat content when compared to red meat. It would be better to remove the skin to avoid excess of saturated fat present in them.
- Eggs – Eggs contain a good amount of proteins along with antioxidants, good fats and vitamins. If possible, opt for organic DHA-enhanced variety of eggs for better benefits.
- Beans – In addition to the good amount of proteins that it provides, enjoy the benefits of fiber as well.
- Soy products – Proteins from soy is known for its ability to reduce cholesterol levels. With lower amounts of fat, soy protein is ideal as a heart-healthy protein source.