Kettlebell exercises are one of the most popular fitness trends since it is accessible and more practical than other programs. It is equally beneficial to an athlete and to the common man who is trying to burn more calories or become more fit. With the help of a good instructor or trainer one can make the best use of the regimen. Many experts are of the opinion that this is one of the best whole body workouts that can be done in short time.
What makes this workout so effective? Here are some of the reasons that make it a very popular fitness trend:
- Right combination of cardio and strength training – These hand-held weights are ideal for strengthening joints and tendons, boosting stamina, improving flexibility, and burning calories.
- Muscle toning and burning fat – These weights help in intense workouts which increases the metabolic rate that burns fat efficiently. This will also help in burning more calories while at rest too.
- Making one more functionally fit – Kettlebells help to use the body as a complete unit during the workouts that helps to perform the day-to-day activities with ease. Aches, pains, and rigidity will be kept at bay.
- Improving stamina and endurance – One can notice a gradual increase in stamina and endurance which in turn helps in performing workouts for longer durations and intensity without fatigue.
- Build up muscles – Kettlebells are ideal to develop muscular strength and power for anybody, from athletes to fitness freaks.
- Improve strength of the back – A weak back is one of the most common complaints among many. Kettlebell workouts are very effective in promoting back strength.
- Decreased risk of diseases – Regular workouts with kettlebells improves cardiovascular activity and reduces the risk of many diseases including heart attack, stroke and even cancer. As it is a good load-bearing exercise it reduces the probability of osteoporosis. Moreover, it also helps in regulating blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
- Convenience – Kettlebell exercises provide a complete body workout with minimum equipment. So it is an ideal way to save unnecessary expenditure on expensive gym memberships and other equipments. Moreover, a lot of time can also be saved with these workouts.
But do remember that when done in poor form or without proper instructions, it can be risky. Follow your instructor’s suggestions and have fun with fitness!