- If any of the family members have the same problem, which it can be related to innate factor.
- If the digestion organs are not healthy, then no matter how good the quality the food, supplements are, the nutrients cannot be absorbed and produce useful sources for the body.
- Lifestyle is one of the important keys that can keep inner organs healthy, if your husband is too stressful, not good sleep, bad habits, all can damage inner organs. Then the body cannot detox and can work properly, and not be able to absorb the supplements.
Acupuncture and moxibustion boost hemoglobin levels. If your husband is okay with taking Chinese herbs, it will work even better.
Hope he will gain benefits sooner.
1. Make an appointment with your primary care physician and get some blood work done. Other than his iron levels, you're interested in red blood cell counts and size. You also want to check out his vitamin B12 levels - this vitamin helps the GI absorb iron and if he's low, then the fix is relatively easy.
2. Make an appointment to see a board certified, state licensed acupuncturist. You want someone who can make a diagnosis within the context of Chinese medicine and then apply acupuncture to remedy the situation.
I hope you give it a try. Good luck!