Surgeon Questions Erectile Dysfunction

Can erectile dysfunction be treated through surgery?

My husband is suffering from erectile dysfunction. While he has taken various medications and approaches for the problem it still persists. We are both getting frustrated. Do you think a surgery can help in correcting this problem?

3 Answers

I do not know your husband's age, but most of the time, the problem is several things and surgery will not help. You and your husband need to talk to a person who can talk to you both and go from there. Just make sure they are a good sex therapist. I have several patients and there is a lot to be done without surgery. Please do not give up.
Check with a good urologist.
Not my field.
A penile prosthesis is a potential remedy for such a situation but I would not recommend it unless all other options were totally exhausted.