Acne can be irritating, uncomfortable, and annoying to treat. They make your skin look ugly and can really be devastating. However, with proper management and treatment, you can completely eliminate them. The following helpful skin care tips will prevent acne:
Washing your face frequently will help prevent bacterial infection. Wash your face every day: during the morning and before bedtime. However, remember to use the right cleanser to make your face clean, firm, as well as beautiful.
Avoid scrubbing your skin/face
Scrubbing your face instead of gently cleaning it using a soft cloth can make things worse. This can irritate the skin, giving room for acne to develop. So instead of rubbing your skin too harshly, pat your face using a soft towel instead.
Apply some honey
Honey is an effective acne treatment because it can prevent acne. It acts as a natural antiseptic to soothe and heal the skin. Honey has antioxidants that help in alleviating the inflammation of your skin, making it acne free. Apply a small amount of honey on your skin and face for 15 to 30 minutes, and then wash it off using a soft cloth. This will prevent and heal acne. In addition, it will help your skin become smooth and supple.
Apply some ice
A small application of ice will soothe your skin, make your skin and face acne-free. Ice will also help in removing the oil, particles, and dirt. This helps reduce the redness and swelling of the affected area. Wrap an ice cube in a cloth then gently press it against your skin.
Lemons are effective in treating pimples and acnes. Applying lemon juice will reduce the oil, kill bacteria, and completely remove acne. To use it, you need to squeeze the lemons and get the fresh juice from it. Apply the juice on the affected areas of your skin using a soft cotton ball. Lemon juice yields quick results.
- Use sunscreen: You should always use sunscreen to protect your skin from being irritated by the sun, especially when you are ice skating.
- Always clean your makeup brushes: Washing your makeup brushes will help make them stay clean and free from acne-causing bacteria.
- Always use cleansers and salicylic acid to treat acne: Salicylic acid is a natural and effective way you can use to treat acne. They can effectively remove dead skin and eliminate blackheads as well as whiteheads.
- Use benzoyl peroxide consistently: especially to skin areas that are acne breakout-prone. Benzoyl peroxide is rich in ingredients that prevent acne.
- All makeup should be removed before bedtime: Don’t sleep with your makeup on. This can lead to clogged pores and red, puffy-looking eyes. Make sure to pair a cleanser with a gentle makeup remover after putting on a very heavy makeup.
- Apply toothpaste: Applying toothpaste on your face can help treat acne. However, be sure to use white toothpaste instead of colored gels or those green striped ones. In addition, avoid using teeth whitening toothpaste. Remember to wash your face using warm water and a cleanser after applying toothpaste.
- Aloe Vera works like magic: Aloe Vera has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal medicinal properties. It can be used as a moisturizer, shaving oil, and face mask. It can also be incorporated in your diet. Aloe Vera can effectively remove excess oil as well as dirt from your skin. It also plays an important role in stimulating cell growth and promotes the healing of damaged cells of the skin.