Dr. Jeffrey Gross practices Neurological Surgery in Newport Beach, CA and in Henderson, NV. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Gross prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others. Dr. Jeffrey D. Gross MD focuses mainly on issues involving the spine, its structure, coversings, and neurological structures passing through and beyond. He will see second opinions, including on a remote videoconference basis, and often handles failed surgeries from elsewhere, and complex cases with multiple pain generators.
Education and Training
U.C. Berkely AB 1988
George Washington Univ Med MD 1992
U. C. Irvine, & Long Beach VA Surgical internship 1993
U. C. Irvine, & Long Beach VA Neurosurgical Residency 1997
Univ of New Mexico & VA Hosp Fellowship Spine Biomechanics 1998
Univ of New Mexico & VA Hosp Chief Residency Neurosurgery 1999
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Top Doctor 2020 2020 Top Docs
- NIH research fellow 1983 NIH and American Heart Association
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Joint Section on Spine
- California Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Univ Of Nm Sch Of Med, Neurological Surgery Univ Ca Irvine Med Ctr, General Surgery
- University of New Mexico Program
Charities and Philanthropic Endeavors
- WHO COVID FUND
- FEMA emergency volunteer
- Access to care champion
- Surgical and non-surgical, leaving surgery as last option, with growing interest in regenerative medicine/stem cell activation
Professional Society Memberships
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Joint Section on Spine, California Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Listed above
Teaching and speaking
- See CV
Dr. Jeffrey D. Gross, MD's Practice location
Henderson, Nevada 89012Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jeffrey D. Gross, MD | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jeffrey D. Gross, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gross
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- What to Expect After a Laminectomy
If you experience back pain that grows severe, your doctor may recommend surgery depending on the cause. Over the centuries, back pain has been constantly a growing condition. You may be facing a lumbar laminectomy at any time.During a LaminectomyLaminectomies are done under general anesthesia,...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What to Expect in Laminectomy and Spinal Fusion
Decompressive laminectomy is done to release pressure exerted on the roots of the nerves found on the lower back. The condition is mostly brought by old age. There are, however, other reasons your surgeon may suggest surgery. These include herniated discs, traumas, and tumors. In case you are going...
- Dr. Barry B Ceverha M.D.3828 SCHAUFELE AVE LONG BEACH CA 90808
- Dr. Farzad Massoudi M.D.23961 Calle De La Magdalena Laguna Hills CA 92653
- Dr. Ronald F. Young M.D4870 BARRANCA PKWY IRVINE CA 92604
- Dr. Devin K Binder MD9940 Talbert Ave Ste 201 Fountain Valley CA 92708
- Dr. Hector Wanhow Ho MD1010 W La Veta Ave # 710 Orange CA 92868
- Dr. Sylvain Palmer MD26732 Crown Valley Pkwy Mission Viejo CA 92691