What can relieve the itching sensation if my child has chickenpox?
- Baking soda or starch will help you to manage the itchiness of the rash from chickenpox. Take 1 teaspoon of soda or starch, dilute it in 200 to 250 ml of warm water and apply soaked with solution sponge to the blisters, do not rub it in. It will dry the skin and soften and calm the itchiness, later soda solution will increase painless scabbing. Also, you might give your little one a warm bath with baking soda in the proportion 200 gr per one bath.
- Bathing with calendula, chamomile, and celandine extract are indispensable when there are itchy rashes. These herbs possess amazing anti-inflammatory properties, which will help while curing your loved one with chickenpox. These herbs promote healing and drying of the ulcers and reducing their inflammation. You should take 2 tablespoons of each herb, mix them together. Pour some water in a pan and add the herbs, boil the mixture for 10 to 15 minutes, strain the decoction and leave it to cool. Then when the bath is ready, add the herbal stuff and a few drops of fir oil to it. The time for the bath must not take longer than 10 minutes, twice per day. After the bath, dry the baby with a soft cotton towel, do not rub the skin.
- Infusion of lemon balm, basil, chamomile, and calendula flowers is beneficial during the first three to five days of chickenpox when the elements of rash appear on the skin causing unrest and itchiness to your child. They have sedative properties and might help your baby with the sleeping problem at night when the itch aggravates. This tea has a very pleasant taste and kids willingly drink it.
- When the scabbing begins, the skin color gets uneven on the places of vesicles and blisters. To return the normal color of skin you can use tea tree oil or even sunflower oil externally.
- For the rash in the mouth there is a very simple remedy. Sage tea made from 20 gr of the herb and 500 ml of boiling water, is usually used for rinsing. Sage has very powerful anti-inflammatory properties and boosts the local resistance of the mouth mucosa. Ask your child to rinse his mouth and throat three to four times a day.
What can we substitute paracetamol and ibuprophen with?
- Linden tea together with peppermint is a perfect remedy for the fever during the day time. Linden makes your baby sweat and decrease the body temperature. However, you should be very careful as at night itchiness worsens and spear sweat will irritate the skin and cause exacerbation of the itch.
- Wild strawberries with honey are very rich in vitamin C and miscellaneous minerals, which helps with the body's thermoregulation and helps to get rid of the ruined viruses through kidneys. You baby urinates more often consequently after eating this mixture. Here it`s important to keep rehydrating your kid in order to equalize the balance between the loss of the liquids and their refilling.
- Warm water with a few drops of lime or lemon juice, given frequently, helps to lower the body temperature.
- Freshly squeezed carrot juice with a little bit of ginger is good in coping with high grade fever.
- Baking soda or starch will help you to manage the itchiness of the rash from chickenpox.
- Bathing with calendula, chamomile and celandine extracts are helpful in reducing the itchiness of rashes.
- Certain natural juices and foods can help reduce fever, such as freshly squeezed carrot juice with a little bit of ginger.